Artisan Industries designs and manufacturers high-end evaporators under the brand name Rototherm ®. Artisan provides world-wide sales support, but concentrates mainly on the US market. TEC Square provides support for these evaporators in Europe and Asia. We have installed and commissioned several units in the Far East and we provide support with regards to operational conditions in the food industry.
Advantages of the Rototherm®
- A fully–wetted process wall at all evaporation- and feed rates guarantees less fouling. These units have less product loss as a result.
- The thin film is unaffected by gravity. The provides enormous flexibility with regards to the feed rate. As a result, the turn-down ratio is very high.
- The evaporator has a higher heat flux due to a more uniform film.
- The evaporator requires considerably less cleaning as product walls are fully-wetted and product is never stationary on the wall. As a result, the system gives higher run times and less product losses.
- Maintenance on an evaporator is rather simple. The only serviceable parts are readily accessible external bearings and double mechanical seals.
- The design is horizontal. The internal bearings and seals are never in contact with the product.
- The installation is easy. Artisan delivers the unit skid-mounted.
Rototherm® – several executions exist
- Rototherm-E: The unit works as an evaporator or finisher. As such, the aim of the Rototherm is to create a concentrated liquid end-product.
- Rototherm-P: The unit works as an evaporator, but the product can actually go to a full dry stage as well. The Rototherm makes a powder form a liquid feed. It is to be noted that not all products allow this technology to go to powder. Pilot plant tests will need to be done.
- Rototherm-D: Designed to post-dry solid streams of material.
Rototherm® – Design features
The Rototherm® units have 2 executions: co-current and counter-current liquid/vapour flow.