High Quality Spray Drying Solutions
TEC Square has hands-on experience on high-TS spray drying solutions. The advantages for operation are enormous. Firstly, this technology will increase the nominal output of a spray drying operation. Secondly, the process simultaneously improves the quality of the product as less water is evaporated. In order to have an effective High-TS Spray Drying operation, two processes in the current operation will need to be changed:
- Evaporation. A high-TS process will require a special finisher operation. A falling-film evaporator gives too much fouling at high concentrations and is not suitable. TEC Square uses a Rototherm-E for as finisher. It is the ideal evaporator for this purpose. Product concentrations of 60-70% are no exception. And product losses are kept to a minimum. As a result, run times on the existing evaporator can normally be prolonged as well.
- Spray Drying. Secondly, the spray drying process will require a hot air spray nozzle set-up capable of spraying a higher concentration. TEC Square developed its own concept for this High-TS nozzle.
- Higher product quality. The quality of the final product is better, as less water is evaporated.
- Less product losses. The design of a Rototherm-E finisher creates hardly any fouling. Losses are normally restricted to 0.1-0.2%, based on total throughput.
- Increase in nominal output. The output of the plant can increase up to 30% if the spray drying operation is the bottleneck.
- As there is less water in the concentrate per powder, capacity increases dramatically
- Also, as the concentration is more constant, variation in production capacity is removed. A Rototherm-E finisher has the capability to maintain a stable concentration over time.
- Lastly, as there is less CIP time required due to the low fouling conditions in the Rototherm-E finisher and evaporator, the OEE of the plant increases.
High-TS Spray Drying – Only advantages
TEC Square has extensive experience in designing spray drying operations, that function at high-TS conditions. An increase of 10-30% in capacity per dryer is often possible.
Characteristics and advantages of High-TS Spray Drying
Product Concentration technology
TEC Square uses Rototherm technology as a finisher. This evaporator gives easily concentrations for spray drying of 60%.
Spray nozzle technology
The dryer is equipped with a special air and spray nozzle distributor that is capable of handling and effectively spraying at this concentration.
This solution increases the hourly capacity as less water will need to be evaporated. Under normal circumstances, the equipment could be retrofitted to an existing spray drying operation.
Our solutions also increases the available running hours. This increases the total output per year as well.
High-TS Spray drying uses a more concentrated liquor as supply. As the ratio solids to water is more elevated, less water evaporation will take place.
TEC Square has developed an in-line Agglomeration principle as well. This technology is fully compatible with the High-TS technology.