Cold Brew – Standard Process
Cold Brew Coffee is a new variety of coffee consumption. It is tremendously successful with customers. Cold-Brew coffee has been developed in coffee shops over the past couple of years and it is enormously popular in the United States. It is traditionally done by overnight steeping, however, this process has a limited capacity and requires a lot of store space.
There are two main business segments for Cold Brew Extract:
- Liquid drinks,
- B2B Concentrate,
As a base product for other industries
TEC Square has solutions for both applications.
Cold Brew Extraction Technology
The heart of the system
What is Cold Brew – What does it claim?
Cold Brew Coffee has gained popularity among coffee drinkers in recent years, especially in the USA. Instead of using hot water for a short time to extract coffee, cold brew coffee uses cold water for a prolonged time, often 12–24 hours. The product, thus, obtained is perceived less bitter than hot coffee and has slightly higher caffeine contents. In research a lot of health benefits are claimed:
- Cold Brew may boost your metabolism.
- Cold Brew may lower your risk of heart disease.
- May be easier on your stomach.
TEC Square has developed a simple and effective way to extract Cold Brew Coffee in a continuous way. The process is based on some very simple principle design criteria:
- Effective mixing of ingredients in water.
- Milling the ingredients in line, without having contact to air.
- Effective separation of liquid and solids phase.
- The solid phase can be washed, and any remaining solids can be recuperated.
- The liquid phase is forwarded to a final cleaning operation.
This technology is based on a fixed maximum capacity, and flexibility can be found in operating it in 1- or 2-shift systems.
Please visit the dedicated Cold Brew Continuous Extraction page for more information.