Milk Powder and Infant Formula – Standard Process
Milk powders and Infant formula manufacturing processes require a number of detail technologies. From milk, sometimes even reconstituted, a dry final product is made in the form of a powder. For added-value products as infant formula, the addition of ingredients is essential.
TEC Square has added-value solutions to most of the production steps and they all result into one or several of the below mentioned advantages
- Better quality
Mainly due to shorter processing times, and lower processing temperatures
- Less energy usage
Due to good engineering principles, recuperation energy where possible
- Less investment
We base our designs on extensive experience in the field. As such, we only invest in equipment that is absolutely needed. Where possible, we combine production steps
- Ergonomic design of production and maintenance tasks
Our design engineers have many years experience in running factories. We design a plant to suit all competencies.
TEC Square Flexible Design of Milk Powder and Infant Formula Plants
TEC Square designs milk reception plants using the least capital expenditure. We prefer one unloading system for 2 unloading bays, optimizing the utilization of equipment.
The principle of operation:
- Truck 1 comes at the 1st bay, hooks up and does QC.
- Next, truck 1 will start unloading milk.
- During this time, Truck 2 comes to the 2nd bay, starts preparing hoses and does QC.
- When Truck 1 finishes unloading milk,
- Truck 2 will automatically start unloading.
- Truck 1 undoes the hoses and vacates the place for a new truck.
We design the unloading time to be less or equal to the combined hook-up, and QC time.
Please visit the dedicated High-Efficient Milk Reception page for more information on the functioning of the finisher.
TEC Square applies its “straight-through” principle to its design of standardization plants as well, our “7-in-1 Processing” technology. We prefer to store a product only if it is absolutely necessary. For this purpose, we provide an energy efficient solution from raw milk storage straight to, and including pre-evaporation. Our design does the following operations in one step:
- Fat standardization +/- <0.03%
- Protein standardization +/- <0.03%
- Milk clarification
- WPNI heat treatment (low, medium, high heat)
- Integrated legal pasteurization
- Pre-concentration of product (up to 35% TS)
- Cooling of pre-concentrate, condensate & raw cream
These 7 processes are further optimized to use less energy. This is mainly possible as we reuse energy stored in the product to a maximum. Provided that the raw milk temperature is less than 5°C, we do not require any chilled water for normal operation.
Please visit the dedicated 7-in-1 Processing page for more information on the functioning of the finisher.
TEC Square designs a high concentrator for dairy production lines with an integrated feed, and a recovery system. This principle of design assures high energy recuperation, and minimal production losses.
The principle of operation is given by the following sequence:
- We pre-heat the pre-concentrate by “cow” water and other available sources of energy.
- We, then, further heat it further by hot water to evaporation temperature.
- The condensed vapors or “cow” water are cooled by incoming pre-concentrate.
- Next, the high concentrate is directly fed to the high pressure pump that is linked to the spray drying operation.
Please visit the dedicated In-line High Concentrator page for more information on the functioning of the finisher.
Automated Lecithin Addition
TEC Square has designed a fully automated lecithin dosing unit that can be integrated in an existing spray dryer and CIP plant. The principle of operation is rather simple:
- Ready-made lecithin mix in an IBC, or other container in the “low care wet zone”, is pumped to the mix storage tanks situated in the “high care wet zone”.
- If needed, a mixing tank can be provided in the “low care wet zone”, where lecithin powder and vegetable oil can be mixed before transfer.
- In the mix storage tanks the mix can be pasteurized and cooled down to the dosing temperature before adding eventual minor ingredients manually.
- Mix is pumped via a mass flow meter to the spray nozzles situated in the “high care dry zone”.
Please visit the dedicated Automated Lecithin Addition page for more information on the functioning of the finisher.